Thanks ladies for responding, now I don't feel like I am just writing an online journal for myself :)
So since you are reading...get this: Rat in our wall! I KNOW!!!!!
Last week, at 5:00am I wake up to "CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH" in our wall. I shot straight up because it was so loud, I thought it was in our room. I woke Braden up (I don't know how he slept through it) and we had to endure this loud rodent in our wall for 20 MINUTES!
Braden went outside to see if there was a hole in our wall outside the bedroom, but didn't see anything. The sound went away and we fell back asleep, however, slightly more paranoid now.
When I woke up I e-mailed our community manager and let him know how unacceptable it was that we pay a ridiculous amount (seriously, you don't want to know) for our apartment and this company is known for their standards.
The next night, the same sound woke us up!!
I did not hear from our manager until 2 days later and he said "they would take car of it."
Fast forward one week (aka 2 days ago) and the sound was back!!!!! Obviously not taken care of!
Long story short...we are trying to get out of our lease and leave this rat-hole, literally. The rat was just the needle that broke our backs. The apartment is 30 years old, had mold on bathroom ceiling, stained carpet when we moved in, rotting fence, no washer or dryer and we we pay the price of a mortgage in Oregon. We found an apartment built in 2005, washer, dryer, garage, fan in the bathroom for ventilation, fitness center, game room and it is 300 dollars less!
Keep us in your prayers as we are trying to find a loop-hole since we don't have a lease break option.
On another note, we are driving up to Oregon on Dec. 22nd, please pray for safe travels and we are soooooooooooo excited to see you all!
3 comments:
I do read it! can't wait to see you !!!!
I read it tooooo!!! I don't check blogs all the time, but I do about every other week or so, and it's nice to catch up!! I definitely like hearing those little tidbits about your life down there. :) Love you!
Yes, My dear niece, I do read your blog- and enjoy every inch of it. I do have soom suggestions about your rate problem- Oregon state law states that you can break a lease if your living situation is unsafe or has a health issue, and I do say you do have a health issue if you have mold and meldow and a RATE- which carries all kinds of bad health issues. Love you both - Auntie Jai
Post a Comment