
I want to challenge you...
In your life, what is it that you live for? Do you live day to day just waking up, going to work, coming home, eating dinner and going to bed? This is a lifestyle that I believe is easy to become accustomed to. However, where is the purpose?
I believe that we should all think about our purpose...to serve the Lord our Savior. Are you doing that is your day to day routine? I have been thinking about this for sometime and although many of us say that we are believers and that we are living for the purpose of serving our King, we are not involved in a cause in our lives as an outlet for that servitude.
Let's all be challenged and find a cause. You do not have to look very far...does your neighbor need meals throughout the week? Can you donate your time to homeless shelters and pregnancy resource centers? Why not lead a bible study at a high school or junior high school in your area to reach our youth?
I come to you all with these insights only because it has been on my heart lately to share more of my faith through a cause that I can serve. As you may know, last week marked a fairly important and devastating anniversary, that of Roe v. Wade. 35 years ago, our country decided to make abortions legal, thus killing (to date) 50 million babies, human lives! As part of my servitude, I want to inform people of the devastation that is abortion. So to start....
The populations of South Carolina, Louisiana, Kentucky, Oregon, Oklahoma, Connecticut, Iowa, Mississippi, Arkansas, Kansas, Utah, Nevada, New Mexico, West Virgina, Nebraska, Idaho, Maine, New Hampshire, Hawaii, Rhode Island and Montana...are the equivalent to the number of lives that have been taken through abortion. Think about all of those people, the families, the connections, the places that they serve! And now think of all the connections, the families, and the places that those lives which were taken could have served. If this has an impact on you, please research the live damaging effects (on the baby and those involved) and share your findings with others.
- May I suggest 2 books:
Pro-Life Answers to Pro-Choice Questions (Randy Alcorn)
Why Pro-Life? (Randy Alcorn)
- And also the National Right to Life website: http://www.nrlc.org/
In your life, what is it that you live for? Do you live day to day just waking up, going to work, coming home, eating dinner and going to bed? This is a lifestyle that I believe is easy to become accustomed to. However, where is the purpose?
I believe that we should all think about our purpose...to serve the Lord our Savior. Are you doing that is your day to day routine? I have been thinking about this for sometime and although many of us say that we are believers and that we are living for the purpose of serving our King, we are not involved in a cause in our lives as an outlet for that servitude.
Let's all be challenged and find a cause. You do not have to look very far...does your neighbor need meals throughout the week? Can you donate your time to homeless shelters and pregnancy resource centers? Why not lead a bible study at a high school or junior high school in your area to reach our youth?
I come to you all with these insights only because it has been on my heart lately to share more of my faith through a cause that I can serve. As you may know, last week marked a fairly important and devastating anniversary, that of Roe v. Wade. 35 years ago, our country decided to make abortions legal, thus killing (to date) 50 million babies, human lives! As part of my servitude, I want to inform people of the devastation that is abortion. So to start....
The populations of South Carolina, Louisiana, Kentucky, Oregon, Oklahoma, Connecticut, Iowa, Mississippi, Arkansas, Kansas, Utah, Nevada, New Mexico, West Virgina, Nebraska, Idaho, Maine, New Hampshire, Hawaii, Rhode Island and Montana...are the equivalent to the number of lives that have been taken through abortion. Think about all of those people, the families, the connections, the places that they serve! And now think of all the connections, the families, and the places that those lives which were taken could have served. If this has an impact on you, please research the live damaging effects (on the baby and those involved) and share your findings with others.
- May I suggest 2 books:
Pro-Life Answers to Pro-Choice Questions (Randy Alcorn)
Why Pro-Life? (Randy Alcorn)
- And also the National Right to Life website: http://www.nrlc.org/
No comments:
Post a Comment